Sunday, April 26, 2009

Walking??

So I'm thinking I have a walking girl now. She just takes off walking. She started this week at work. She was by the windows, the next thing I knew she was walking across the kitchen! If she loses her balance she'll crawl over to something to stand up, so is she considered walking? I don't now. But it sure seems like she's walking more than crawling! It's crazy and incredibly cute at the same time!

While she's walking she likes to hold her hand up to her ear (yes like she's on the phone, maybe Mommy's on the phone a little :) and saying "Hiieeee" She'll say, "bah" That can mean different things. That's how she says "bye" and it could be her translation for "bottle" too. "Da da" comes out very well. She will say, "Mom-mom" but usually when she's mad. Like when I put real shoes on her and she's trying to get them off in the car. It comes out twice too, Mom-mom. I'll take what I can get! She also likes to make the "sh" sound. If you ask her to say "shoe", "sh" comes out. I was driving with Jamie (the 10 year old girl I watch) the other day to get Zachary from school. Jamie was trying to tell me a story, and Nyssa kept talking louder and louder. Jamie finally looked at her and said, "Nyssa, shhhhhh." Nyssa looked at her and said, "sshhhhh" right back! Jamie looked at me and just started laughing. Once Jamie started paying attention to Nyssa, she stopped yapping back at her!

It's been a very rainy weekend here. Yucky. Chuck closed last night, so Nyss and I went to Chicago and visited my girlfriend and her 9 month old twins. Theodore and Avery. I think Teddy and Nyssa are the trouble makers for now. Avery? She just kind of hangs out in one spot. They are so big. Teddy is starting to crawl, he was getting really brave when we were there! Avery is good to go just hanging out sitting down or laying down on a blanket. At one point we had Nyssa and Teddy in his pack and play hanging out. They had a little cage match going fora while! Nyssa would be standing and Teddy would roll over to her and start pulling on her leg. She would fall down and he'd laugh like it was the funniest thing he's ever seen! It was so cute. I'll get pictures up on here eventually. (I'll probably have them put on face book first! Let me know if you want me to send you a link!)

Nyssa is in bed. I've got some banana bread in the oven. Nyssa and I have to be at work by 7:30 tomorrow morning (normal time is 8:15 - 8:30), so I had her in bed early tonight. That's about it out here!

No comments: