Thursday, June 11, 2009

Miss Nyss turns 1!!


12;19am June 11, 2008


12:08am June 11, 2009


June 12, 2009;


This one is just cute. I know. I need to get her bangs cut. She leaves in a pony on the top of her head so I haven't felt the need. I don't think I could have handled it had we gotten it trimmed before she's one. We are hoping to get her one year photo's taken within the next week or two. After that, we can get them cut. I want some photos with her hair down and in her eyes (mean? maybe?) and then some with it in the pony tail. The "Pebbles" look suits her, although sometimes she acts more like "Bam-Bam!" Once kids get that first haircut it seems to change their whole look!

Nyssa also had her first check up today! She weighs in at 19 lbs 13 oz (30%), Height was 28 1/4" (25%), Head Circumference is 44 1/4 cm (48%). On her birthday we finally got to switch her car seat around to forward facing! After the appointment we switched it back to rear! Little Miss I weigh under 20lbs still has to be rear! I guess they recommend them being rear until 2 years old if possible. In her car seat she can rear up to 22lbs. So we are going to shoot for that weight. That or whenever our next car ride to Iowa! We'd probably switch her back to rear when we got back here though. She really didn't seem to mind being rear, so why not, right?

She's quite the little ham these days. She all about hugs now! I love it. She'll just run up with her head tilted and lay her head on your leg or shoulder! She's incredible. I can't believe how fast this first year flown by! I miss the tiny baby, but I'm so proud and amazed at how big she is now. (It's a little sad too!) It makes me happy I took those extra moment when she was tiny to just hold her when she would fall asleep on me!



June 13, 2009....The party! Grandma Sue's birthday was the same day as the party so it was double celebration!


We went with a cupcake for Nyssa's 1st cake! In the following photos you'll see, she kind of enjoyed it!








The big brother enjoyed it as well!



Miss Julia too! Yes, that would be icing on her nose!!



The end of the cupcake! I went to get her out of the high chair and she had a lovely sugar rush going on! She was saying side to side just laughing her little head off!



She opened her gifts with just a diaper on! The above photo is the first one. She loved climbing on the box....


We finally got her down to begin the opening process (who doesn't love a box of diapers :)...



The box under it were those pajama's. She was a little obsessed with the clothes. She really didn't want much to do with other gifts until she figured out there was more paper to tear!




2 comments:

Susan said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she is one! I know I owe you a phone call...my little ones are monsters now a days when I am on the phone! I will call you this week though! Hope your well!
Susan

MGM said...

Dang, that year went FAST!