Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Miss Nyss

So I haven't been on here since her birthday!~ Wowsa. She's doing well. Last week was very rough in the world of Nyssa. She would just cry and scream and cry and scream, then sob hysterically. This started on a Saturday, by Tuesday I looked at Chuck and said I can't take this much longer. We both agreed that she was crying like she was in pain. That night was bath night. Which is no longer fun, by the way. As I was rinsing her hair and body, she was screaming. What did I notice? A bottom 1 year molar coming through. It was rough that molar. She's pretty much back to normal now. That tooth was awful. Her first 1 year molar we had no idea was coming in, the second one she was a little crabby, but not much. At least we only have one more to go for the molars! She's go the top two front teeth, one to the right of them, her 2 upper molars, the two front teeth on the bottom and one molar. It seems kind of random how her chompers are showing up. It's pretty funny watching her actually chew something now. My favorite is to give her a pretzel or something crunchy. I love hearing that little crunch when she takes a bite!

She is officially in monkey mode. Although she cannot climb up on the sofa or recliner yet (phew). I believe that is because she is so doggone short! She will do it if her rocking chair is close by, she drags it over uses that for a boost. She's no dummy, my daughter. She also likes to push the rocker up to the coffee table to climb on. Her favorite thing to do with the rocker (that gives Daddy and Mommy a heart attack) is to climb in the chair. Continue standing, grab a hold of the back of the seat and just shake the crap out of the chair. She laughs up a storm. We figure she's going to fall off one of these days, at least we have carpet! I would like to think that wiping out a couple of times will hopefully keep her from doing her little shaky dance on the chair, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Our summer is going well. It finally felt like summer last week. I could have used a little less humidity but at least it was cold. Like today. It is maybe going to be in the upper 60s. I put Nyssa in some over-alls and a short sleeve shirt for the day. It's pretty cloudy as well.

Nyssa and I are off today! We have enjoyed hanging out. She is down for her second nap. Sometimes I think she wants to transition to one nap a day. I hoping to stall that for another couple of weeks. She's been going down for nap around 10 or 10:30, waking between 12:30 and 1 pm. It's working very well with my work schedule. The girls have gone to over night camp for 4 weeks (this is the second week they have been gone :( ) Zachary goes to camp from 9 - 2. After we get Zach we play outside or in the basement until about 3 and she goes down for another nap! She's in bed at night by 8, maybe 8:30 at the latest.

That's about it from here. I better go try and accomplish some things while my little helper is snoozing!

PS: I'm working uploading a video to you tube to get on here some how. Ahh the beauty of our first tantrum!

No comments: