Wednesday, December 10, 2008

6 month check up

Okay, so technically she will be 6 months tomorrow! My big girl! We went today for the 6 month check up. She's doing awesome! She's ahead of the game as far and sitting getting on her hands and knees and rocking. Duh. (Keep in mind I nanny for our pediatrician so she sees Nyssa pretty regularly when her schedule allows! Our visits with her at the office aren't so long because she pretty much knows what's going on with Nyssa! Convenient, I know.) We get to start giving her Cheerios and stuff! Woo hoo! Susie also said that for the 3rd meal (whichever is convenient) we can start giving her a little of what we are eating -within reason of course. She's already had mashed potatoes, so we'd try a little noodle or something. That mushy kind of stuff. She got her shots, 4 I think. One was a flu shot (Mommy had to get that one too) and I forget the others. All I know is Nyssa was pissed when the 2nd started. At least since the first visit with shots Mommy has learned to dress Nyssa in dark clothes and it helps if Mommy wears a red shirt! I hate that cry so Mommy is quick to cuddle when they are finished!

We actually met Susie at her office this morning. She brought Zachary (who turned 5 yesterday :) along and we took him to school after. Nyssa seriously loves that boy. I think she stopped crying sooner because he was there lovin' on her. I think next fall will be hard on Nyssa when she has to watch Zach get on the school bus for Kindergarten!!

Her stats:

Weight = 16 lbs 8 oz (70 - 75%); Length = 25inches (25%-shorty!); Head Circumference = 43 50-75% I think she got Momma's big melon!)

She's been doing really well at night lately. Sunday and Monday nights we spent at the Shapiro's so they were kinda sucky. Especially Sunday. Monday Mommy put towels under the sheet in their pack n play because it was NOISY! I think that kept waking her up. She was back in her crib last night and did awesome. I have about 5 pacifiers in there and she's been finding them..finally. I think I'm going to ask Santa for more pacifier's for Nyssa. I'll put 20 in there if it will continue to go like this at night! Of course my child doesn't take just any ol' pacifier either, oh no...she's picky.

I think that's it for now! She's passed out in the laundry room at Zach's right now. She was due to eat at 1, but no way in hell am I going to wake her up at this point! She got some Tylenol too so I'm sure that's knocked her out. Hopefully she won't be very fussy!

No comments: