Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brrrrrrrr!

Holy cow. I'd say winter has arrived. I'm already annoyed with this snow stuff and to add below zero temps? Right now it's minus 6 with a high of 4 degrees today! It does not make for a happy Momma! If it weren't for the big kids out here we'd be south, for sure!

The lovely snow fall we got over night Thursday and in the morning on Friday resulted in Nyss and I not having to go in to work! They were leaving for Colorado that day anyway, so it worked out. Everyone had enough notice that this was coming so Susie stayed after work and did the work she usually does on Friday mornings. Their flight was leaving at 2ish from Midway. Next on the list is to email them and see how they made it out there! I also need to email Zachary pictures of Nyssa because he "won't see her for 8 days." I think most of the week he spent kissing her and hugging her all the time! It was so cute!

So Nyssa and I are off this week! Yay! We would have loved to come back to IA but the retail Gods were not in our favor. I hate retail. There's no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that I'm doing that drive with just Nyssa! I think everyone understands that! It would be one thing if she was forward facing in her car seat and it was easier to reach her to bribe her, but not rear facing! Ugh. It really kind of sucks because we'd love to make it back. On Christmas we will get together with Chuck's family. I think we are doing it on the early side, so that'll be nice. (Last year we got them in the afternoon and good lord were they crabby. So this year we get them early and they get them later!) This is the first year that we aren't going to Chuck's Mom's for Christmas, we are going to his brother's house. It will be nice, but different. We are actually going to go to his Mom's on Christmas Eve and hang out with Sue. That will be awesome. The whole family shouldn't be there all at once, so we can maybe visit with Sue for a change!

Let's see...tomorrow Nyssa and I are going to Chicago to hang out with Teddy and Avery! We will be there Tuesday also. It's going to be interesting with 3 babies! Yikes! Nyssa is pretty easy going and will hang out in their exer-saucer, so that will be nice. I think Sara has one of those jump-a-roo things too. Nyss might need to test it out and see if it's something we will need to find! Chuck is off Tuesday so I think he may go with us then! That way I'll have a photographer to take the pictures while I'm propping babies! Of course there is bound to be a photo shoot!

Last night Chuck (he opened), Nyssa and I all headed downtown to babysit Piper! She's so big now and talking up a storm. Her little voice cracks me up. (I left Piper when I was about to have Nyssa.) Nyssa loves other kids. I am worried she is going to be incredibly bored while we are stuck here without other entertainment!!

I'll try to post some pictures from last weekend when we celebrated Julia & Jimmy's (her cousin) birthdays. The kids also decorated Ginger Bread houses. Julia was totally into it and was so giddy to have presents! Christmas should be fun! Cameron. Cam Da Man. In the car on the way to Chuck's brothers house I asked him, "Hey Cam. What does Santa say?" Julia pipes up, "He's just a baby Jacq, he can't say it." (Tell me the girl doesn't speak for him, maybe that's why we aren't at our 50 words for an almost 2 year old?? Hmmmm.) I said, "Sure he can, you just have to teach him how." So I asked him again, "Cam what does Santa say?" He gets this little troublemaker grin and says, "Moo." I love those kids!

I've got about 4 loads of laundry to get done today and the timer just went off. Good, fun, exciting times when it's below zero outside! If I'm not on here before Christmas we hope everyone has a wonderful day full of memories! (I'm seriously hoping to be back to post some pictures!)

Merry Christmas!

*I'm hoping to get our Christmas cards done today and out tomorrow!

No comments: