Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here we go again...



the last two nights Nyssa has been fighting another stupid cold. I think it's a cold anyway. Sunday night was awful. She was up crying (the kind of cry where you know she isn't going to put herself back to sleep because she is too hysterical cry) from 12:30 am to 2:20 am. We had no idea what was going on, so we gave her a bottle. It worked, I guess. She was back in her crib by 1 am sleeping...at least long enough for Mommy to fall back to sleep. Daddy was up with her for an hour before she got too hysterical and woke up Mommy again. It was very sad. I got tired of wrestling with her around 2 am. (She thinks it is fun to throw her head back and do a back bend while on your lap or in your arms!) I put her in the crib and she fell asleep at 2:20, and slept until about I don't remember when. It was maybe 7 or so. She was mighty clingy yesterday and continued to sleep crappy through naps and all. She got a little Motrin before bed....

and it didn't do much good. She was up doing that hysterical cry again at 10:15 pm. At least I figured out that I could rock her to calm her down. I think when she gets herself that hysterical with crying that when she tried to take the pluggie it pops back out when she was trying to breathe through her nose. I think I was up with her a total of 4 time before I had Chuck put the futon mattress on the floor. Nyssa and I slept there for the rest of the night. She woke up at 7:20 this morning. She was up off and on through the night. I don't know what's going on with her right now, but this is killin' me. Momma needs some sleep. I would be more than happy to let her cry this out at night if I knew she felt okay. Susie thought it could be another little virus too. Super. She did feel a little warm yesterday and she had an 'exploding poop'. She rarely has those any more. The clingy thing gives her away too, she's not usually a clingy baby. She's got things to do, things to see, she doesn't want to be held!

She seems to be in a good mood this morning, so maybe the worst is past?! Who knows. I'm ready for Spring.

The big girl car seat is going well. It's kind of a pain with the cold weather and all. It was just so easy to throw a blanket on her in the infant seat and then throw one over the whole seat to keep the wind off of her. I still try to put the quilt over her when we are going to and from the car. Sometimes it's okay with her, and sometimes it's not! It just depends on her mood! Go figure!

Okay, I have a girl who just crawled into the kitchen on her own. My are we adventurous these days!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Poor Nyss! I am dying for warmer weather too! Hope your well besides the sick babe!