Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's been a while!

I can't believe it's been this long since I've sat down here! I'm sure I'll forget a ton, but I'll give it a whirl! I wish getting pictures on here wasn't such a pain! If I don't get them up this post I'll try tomorrow (I know, you've all heard that before!)

Well, Nyssa has got the crawling thing down pat. She is all over the place. Sassy about it too. She also pulls herself on everything and sometimes nothing. She has started just using the wall. She will also go from the bean (foot stool) to the entertainment center to the thing that we have the printer on. Ah crap, does this mean she is starting to cruise? LOL. How's that for denial!

We've had the entertainment center blocked off with the bean and one of her toy basket things. A couple of weeks ago she saw an opening under the table and crawled right under. She was quite proud of herself when she stood up at the entertainment center and yelled at me!

She's such a good baby. Nyssa has the best personality. She usually a happy girl. Those two teeth are pretty visible at this point. I love it. Sharp little suckers. Mommy's knuckle is one of her favorite things to chew on too!

Nyssa has had all the baby food (I think...until I'm at the store and see another one she hasn't had!). She's not so big on green beans and turkey, but if that's the only one, I'm okay with that! We have been trying to introduce more table food. She loved pancakes the other day, she's had some fries, she had bites of green beans (canned because they were softer), and of course banana. She had the Cheerio's and puffs. Which are so a rip off. We will finish up what I bought on sale and stick with Cheerio*s, Kix and stuff of that nature!

A couple of weeks ago we had a sick baby on our hands. She was up in the middle of the night burning up with a fever and just all around uncomfortable. The only thing that worked was being on Momma in the recliner. She'd sleep in bed about an hour and wake up screaming her little head off. It was awful. I was going in to work late that morning (thank god), and when I got there I asked Susie which office she was going to be in that day because we needed to come in. She checked her out right then and there. (Benefit of nanny for your doctor!) Her chest, nose and ears were clean. (I'm paranoid about ear infections after having them all the time when I was little.) Her throat looked a little red. Susie thought she was coming down with a bad cold. She said we'd watch her and see what happens. Momma gave her Tylenol and Motrin (at night). She did okay for the next few days and finally got back to the old Nyss. It was very icky and we are soooo ready for spring!

I think that is pretty much it for the last month. I've got another post to put about meeting my family in Davenport last weekend, along with some photos I'll put here. Some Julia and Cameron stories to go along with that trip! We are having Chuck's family come over this evening for the January birthdays. Cameron and or nephew Reese's birthday were then. This is probably the only time we can have it without pushing it off until April! I've got to get some stuff put away and make some coffee. No wonder I'm sitting here yawning!

One more Nyssa thing; I went in to get her out of bed yesterday morning. Guess who was standing up look at me with a big grin behind her pacifier! Little Miss Nyss! So proud of herself. She's been standing in there for the last week, how else would her music start to play if she wasn't standing?? Now when I go in there she's facing the correct way and just watching the door. I really really love her!

No comments: